Thursday, November 29, 2012

Back to life, back to reality!

I did not fall off the face of the planet...just been really busy. Grading, meetings, trainings, trying to get back into working out, and spending some time with the family for thanksgiving. I hope you all had a wonderful time with your families. This post is going to be kind of random, sort of like my life has been lately lol.

Now that nail art is my hobby, I try to do my family's nails when I visit. Below is a mani I did for my sister. This purple gradient design was done with "Midnight Plum" (Avon) and "Wild Orchid" (Rimmel).


My maternal grandmother is obsessed with the color purple...to the point that we have taken to calling her "Grandma Purple." She has a purple couch, purple towels, shoes, and sheets...and now purple teddy bears on her nails. The pale purple base is "Lilac" (Revlon), and the glitter on top is "Full Spectrum" (China Glaze). I even put polish on the band-aid so that she could be stylin' as she covered up  her broken nail. That would have been the end of the manicure, but then she saw that I had purple teddy bears. She couldn't be stopped lol.


This is the quick mani I did on myself when I returned from Thanksgiving weekend visiting my family. The red is "Sizzling Red" (Avon), and the white snowflake is with "French White" (Rimmel).

I did not do any black friday/cyber week nail polish purchases. I know that might sound crazy for someone who is obsessed and addicted to polish, which I am. However, I do have a solid collection already (over 100 bottles of polish), and I am working with a teacher's salary here. I know there were some great sales/deals, but we all have to work with what we have. As my dad would say: "it is what it is." :)

No comments:

Post a Comment