Sunday, September 30, 2012

Simple styles on myself

So, here are some styles I've done on my own nails....the basics. These aren't in the order that I did them, but in the order that I had them saved/named on my computer...oh well. Hope you enjoy :)

Ok, here we go: here is just a basic mani with a glitter accent nail. This is done with "Jade" (Avon). I LOVE this color! If I had to pick a favorite green, this would definitely be it :)

This was my first gradient on myself. This was inspired by the beach, and I used "Elegant" (Revlon), "Dreamer" (Revlon), and "notting hill blues" (Loreal). I really like how this one came out <3

I have heard all sorts of praises when it  comes to OPI polish, but I had never used it...mostly because of the price (and until recently I didn't know much or use much polish). I am obsessed! Yes, it is on the pricier side at about $8, but it is totally worth it...and you can always find them on sale if you know where to go. I usually check ULTA in the discount isle.....I have found some OPI for up to 50% off. Now obviously with any sale isle, it's hit or miss...sometimes it's just puke or poopy brown, but sometimes you can find some really pretty ones.

This is the same base as the one above. After a couple days I wanted to switch it up and add a simple design. This is with "Moonlight"(China Glaze) and "Starry Sky" (Avon).

Loved this mani and this color. The base is "Red Wine" (Avon)---which is now, I believe, my favorite red. The flower is done with "Rave" (Avon) and French White (Rimmel). I liked that this one was so simple, but still had a little feminine accent.

This is "Racing Rubies" (Maybelline) and "Golden Vision" (Avon).

Probably the simplest of the manis, but I love the color (and the movie it reminds me of). This one is called "Ruby Slippers" (Avon).

 This is my most recent simple mani. I found this design one day done by another nail artist (can't remember who it was-- : / sorry) and I just fell in love. The base is "French Rose" (Rimmel), and flowers are done with "I will" (Loreal) and "Black Satin" (Rimmel). Loved this design and feel like it would be perfect for any number of occasions.

This one is a variation of a design that Chalkboard Nails did as her black and white design for her 31 day day challenge this year. Obviously by the name, hers was black and white, but I decided to do a little UCF (my alma mater) twist on it.The base is done with "The Perfect Trench" (Loreal) and the black I did with a Milani striper.

No comments:

Post a Comment